Chimney exit roof where perpendicular peaks meet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

777funk

Sep 12, 2014
MO
I'm not too good ad describing this but there is a perpendicular faux gable above the entryway on our house. This meets the regular roof about where my wife would like the stove to rest. I'm guessing this will make the job a little more complicated if the exit is here. Also the flashing may have to be a special deal.

My wife would like a stove to rest in the corner but will this be a problem if the chimney is placed in the location described? I am sure it'd be easier if this wasn't the case.

Last edited:
Any attic space to be able to offset the pipe?

It's a pretty low roof. I need to check but I'm guessing 4-12 and it's trusses so that could be tricky. I would love to have a straight shot.

Nothing good about that from a builders point of view. Not only is the flashing going to be tricky, it is the last place you want to start cutting away at.
I think you need an off set somewhere or re arrange the room so you can move the stove 12" to the side.

Reactions: R'Lee
Status
Not open for further replies.