Chimney Help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

SVAROBER

Oct 28, 2018
Marysvale, Utah
We are installing a new wood stove. We are using 6" DVL double wall telescoping stove pipe to go from the stove to the square support box.
First question
Do we need a certain part to attach this pipe to the flue collar on the stove? How is this attached to the flue collar?
Second question
The chimney adapter that we were sold to use for the instalation is duravent model 6DVL-ADC. This part doesn't seem to work. I have looked online and I am seeing that we need model # 6DVL-ADT. Do we indeed need the ADT model?

I hope we can get some clarifying answers here. We are so frustrated with this installation.

It depends on the installation. On our PE T6 (and on the prior Jotul Castine) no adapter was needed for hooking DVL up. It fits the flue collar nicely.

I hope we can get some clarifying answers here. We are so frustrated with this installation.

To get clarifying answers, you need to clarify your installation more.

I reread your post and see no mention of WHAT STOVE you are trying to install.