Chimney Liner Warranty Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neta

Aug 14, 2007
I understand SS flexible chimney liners come in a "kit", top, base and X feet of liner. How do the warranties work? I got a quote from a company and it says at the top "Warranty - Parts subject to manufacturers warranty extended to us". Does this mean the warranty is only as good as the life of the company? I'm asking, because in the week since the quote, the (Ontario Canada) company is apparently having financial difficulties.

I think what they are saying is that the warranty is only as good as the manufacture's warranty and if the Manufacture goes out of business so does your warranty. Our warranty on all piece of flex or stainless rigid is "lifetime" with proper installation.. all of our products will outlast your home and your fireplace.. Just curious if you could PM me the name of the company.. i'm curious if it is a manufacture or a dealer... hope what I said helps...
Neta said:
I understand SS flexible chimney liners come in a "kit", top, base and X feet of liner. How do the warranties work? I got a quote from a company and it says at the top "Warranty - Parts subject to manufacturers warranty extended to us". Does this mean the warranty is only as good as the life of the company? I'm asking, because in the week since the quote, the (Ontario Canada) company is apparently having financial difficulties.

Is the company TCE?

Status
Not open for further replies.