1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Chimney liner.

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by CarbonNeutral, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarbonNeutral

CarbonNeutral Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Nashoba Valley(ish), MA
    Get him to do a search here on putting stoves in basements (basement install)

Ideally an insulated SS liner - can be as cheap as $600 - search insulated liner

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Jamess67

Jamess67 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Central Illinois
    Hey guys this question comes from a friend of mine. He has a 1 1/2 story house with a brick chimney that use to have a liner in it and a wood stove attached long ago. It all has since been removed and he wishes to put a stove in the basement again. His question is what type of liner should he use? Is it a double wall type or single 24 gauge black stove pipe or something else? Does anyone know the cost/ ft of this type of liner?
    Thanks for your help.
  3. 84Buckeye

84Buckeye New Member

Loc:
    Ohio
    Hi James. I had the exact same setup as this guy. What I had done was had a local Amish guy come out
    and install a Stainless Steel flexible liner. They then put insulation already the liner. Then run stove pipe
    to my wood furnace which sits right beside my furnace which is plumbed into my existing ductwork.
    My chimney is 33' high.. I payed 1600 for this which sounds like a lot but at least I feel comfortable
    sleeping at night.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.