Chimney Sweep

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Finally got to the bottom of my probation. It wasn't wet wood or soot built up in the chimney. I have a whirley on top of my chimney instead of a cap, and I didn't know but our chimney sweep guy said it was stuck. Air wasn't getting down the flue. So we added 2 feet of pipe and put on a cap, and now it's going great again. Thanks for all your help. By the way I don't have a gasket over my air flow tube, is this a big deal?
Glad you got this worked out. There should be a gasket between the secondary feed tube and the baffle

Yup I bought a bunch of Gaskets. Just need someone to put it on for me, I'm unable. Might have to wait till summer, I guess there's no harm correct?

There's a slight 'harm' in some unbalanced combustion at the back of the stove and extra heating there.