Chimney Sweep

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a Chimney sweeper sweep my chimney for the first time because I did not have any of the tools. Never again , the jacka$$ popped a hole in my baffle with his brush because he didn't remove the baffle first . He said that he did not do it that it was all ready there . What ever , I learned my lesson .
Questions :
1. What's the best type of brush for cleaning 6 inch flew And where to get it .
2. Where is the cheapest place to get a baffle for an NC 13.
Thanks in advance .

Get the brush at home depot or a true value. there pretty cheap with the rods. maybe 30 40 bucks. not sure on the baffle. sucks that happen.

Soot-Eater for $68.70...... Can clean bottom up, top down, whatever you like... For a Chimney sweep to NOT remove a baffle, its a little unprofesional. A vital piece to the puzzle. Without removing, the soot, creosote accumulation sits on top of the baffle board. Not Good.

Brush and rods, or soot-Eater. Either way will be about the same money. I was gonna buy the brush and rods but 4 or 5 rods at $12. and change ($50-$60) and a brush ($18) My Soot-Eater was about the same price and is much more flexible and gives you more options.

I bought a baffle board off of ebay 2 weeks ago, based on a thread from this Forum. I guess its not a strong or built as good as factory, so I can not reccommed it. Although I will say, that when my baffle boards break, I will try it. They are $60 a piece I need 2, so $`120) through ESW. This was $50 (thats with shipping and will do both boards with left-over) If you do a search, there are mant threads/topics on this..

Attachments

• Ceramic Board 1.jpg
    Ceramic Board 1.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 159
Status
Not open for further replies.