chimney tear down and rebuild

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainemaul

Jul 22, 2008
southern me.
so,finally got a mason/ stone mason to come by and give an estimate to tear down and rebuild my 50+yr old 2 flue brick chimney.
agreed on a price and he should start friday and be done sunday.
this has been on the short list for sometime,especially since i was up for a cleaning and saw how battered that old brick is
will try to include before and aft pics. i'm really psyched to get this done as you can imagine :exclaim:

Curious about the $$. The question of how much it costs to build one comes up here every once and a while.

Very interesting...he can do this all in three days? Will the new chimney structure be 2-flue both tile-lined? Rick

fossil said:
Very interesting...he can do this all in three days? Will the new chimney structure be 2-flue both tile-lined?

sorry i was not clear, i am talking about 6 ft approx 350 bricks above the roof.
he is going to leave the newly lined [ 6 yr old] 2 clay tiles and rebuild around them, all new lead flashing at base and reinstall the stainless cap
got 2 prices. 1st $1850 2nd this guy who i really wanted $1400 cash
it is a side job for him,i have seen his other work and does a nice job. we shall see. no money up front,handshake deal like the old days.

sorry i messed up my reply and it looks like a quote from fossil!

No problem, it can be fixed. Just click on the edit button. I just corrected it for you.

here is the new chimney,the guy did a nice job

Attachments

• DSCN1185.jpg
    DSCN1185.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCN1181.jpg
    DSCN1181.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 337
  • DSCN1178.jpg
    DSCN1178.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 345
  • DSCN1183.jpg