Chimnney Fire as a reminder

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

remkel

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 21, 2010
Southwest NH
At lunch today I was traveling to my usual eatery when I saw a fire department ladder truck in the distance and firefighters on the roof. You guessed it- chimney fire. Served as a vivid reminder of how important it is to practice proper chimney maintenance. Hit home even more as I did not load the stove this morning in anticipation of sweeping the chimney when I get home tonight! Amazing how these litte reinforcements find their way into our lives.

Looked like all was well at the home- there appeared to be no fire damage when I came back to work.

I had a dream last night that I had one of those masonry cores that I made into a big heater and I had a chimney fire that burned itself out. I felt helpless watching it in my dream. Weird stuff... what did I eat?

Wow, AP is dreaming about chimney fires.

Remkel, sadly some folks in this area cannot don't think chimney fires are a big deal. No need to burn properly or do maintenance, the fire will take care of it.

Cleaned the chimney tonight- all in all not as bad as I thought it would be. Finding once a month is doing the trick, although I am going to have to dig into some red oak that is not quite there yet later this season.

Odd thread, as I had a dream about a chimney fire the other night as well....must have been that snack I had right before beddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.