ChinaBerry

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jds015

Mar 4, 2013
NW NC
This is a question that will mainly be for southern folks or folks in the southwest as to my knowledge this tree doesn't grow much north of a zone 7, but what are folks experiences burning Chinaberry wood? It is a great wood for wood working and related to mahogany, but is an ornamental and sometimes pest tree in warmer parts of the US.

We just cut one down in the yard that had lots of dead and its cut up and ready for splitting and burning in the future. I've burnt some small pieces before, but mixed it in so I don't have a real evaluation of it yet. Anyone else have any ideas? I'm not expecting much, but if it warms up the stove, that's good enough. Thanks.

Rule #1 for me.....if it has tight growth rings, process and burn.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: D8Chumley