Christmas gift surprise

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adrpga498

Minister of Fire
Nov 18, 2005
New Jersey
Just wondering who got a gift that is woodburning related and it was a complete surprise.

I received a pair of chainsaw chaps, very happy to receive.

I got a pair of chainsaw chaps also my wife told my mom to buy them! She is afraid I will cut my leg off...

I received 170 fire starters a small hatchet for making kindeling and a laptop with internet access so I can keep up with hearth.com at home.

triple A- Sounds like A christmas Story from tv: "You'll shoot your eye out".

In addition to my customary lump of coal, I received a biography of Andrew Jackson. This qualifies, as I wasn't expecting it, and his nickname was "Old Hickory". :coolsmile: Rick

EDIT: Besides, if it turns out to be a crappy book, I can always burn it.

Coal bucket to keep kindling in, antique brass damper hook, log tongs, a localy made wrought iron poker, firewood tote bag, brass butane lighter, cast iron match holder, and a wrought iron tool loop to mount on the hearth to hold the tools.
Guess my wife has figured I've been hanging out with woodnecks on the net.

I got a firewood/hearthtool rack set from the wifey. It was a surprise but it was also at the top of my christmas wish list ;-) .

a copy of AFV on DVD, so I can watch funny clips of all of "us" doing dumb stuff trying to cut wood for our stoves and hurting / emabarrasing ourselves. . . :)

Nice big red burn here on my right arm while showing my stove off with to much brew.

Wife got me a tro bilt 27 ton splitter WOWHO !!!

I'm with pelletizer, with a nice burn on my left forearm. Some drinks, but it sounds like he had more fun with an audience.

My wife got me a new ash bucket (with cover), pair of sweet welding gloves and a case of Bud.

I also bought myself some fatwood - just to check it out...

Just before Christmas we got an ice storm that gave me enough free maple to cover next year's burning. My after Christmas present will be splitting it tomorrow when it's 60 outside.

Matt

Yep, got that non contact infrared thermometer I alway's talked about so I can double check the two stove thermometers I have.

I (we) got 2 ash cans with double bottom, an ash rake and hearth gloves.
Was not much of a surprise as I had to carry the UPS boxes inside.
But, excellent none the less.
Of course now it is 60* and I went out on the boat today!
More wood for later! Yes.
Bill

kenny chaos said:
The wife is into gadgets and I got a box of Funky Flames. Yes, copper sulfate.

Real nice Kenny Chaos wife into gadgets!!!

iskiatomic said:
I'm with pelletizer, with a nice burn on my left forearm. Some drinks, but it sounds like he had more fun with an audience.

I am paying the price now and how. ouch,,,,,

I got a box of the fireplace matches, and I think they are scented.
Just a goofy stocking stuffer.

kwikrp said:

Can I be your friend now? :)

kwikrp said:
Now thats a nice gift

Status
Not open for further replies.