CI2600 & HI400 owners, step inside please- I need info...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

2fireplacesinSC

Burning Hunk
Feb 24, 2015
mid South Carolina
Ok, I found the CI2600/HI400 meets my clearances. I'd love to go with a catalytic. This stove is a bit expensive. My other option based on clearances is a Jotul C450 Kennebec. I have a Jotul F3 CB and it's a good stove, but would like to consider cat just for the longer burn times at lower heat. I know the sq foot heating capacity is different, but it's really a 2cu ft stove vs 2.6cu ft and I'm ok with either size currently. It's really a question of the Hampton/Regency stove quality, burn times, quirks, issues for me. I haven't found the BTU burn range listed like on BK models.

Have all the initial issues been worked out?
Is there something special to burning it? Or is it good at set and forget (ala BK)?
How good is it at burning low and slow?
How has customer service been?
Any advice comes to mind when you think of the stove for someone considering it?

Thanks everyone. Great forums.

yes, thank you. spent 3 hours re-reading the entire thread last night. in the end, I really want to go with it. Some reason, just can't pull the trigger yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.