Circ pump choices

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIV911

Sep 6, 2011
EASTERN, PA.
I am installing a Harmon pb-105 using nofossil's simplest pressure design. I will use a Grundfos Alpha or Eco-circ for the zone pump. I am not sure if there is any advantage to using one of them for the boiler circ. The ability to vary speed might be helpful, but the program mode seems useless. Am I missing something?

the big advantage of the Alpha comes when used with a variable load (50%+ reduction in electrical consumption), but it will also use about 30% less electricity even when used in a constant speed/pressure application. So, yes, there is an energy consumption advantage in using the Alpha for both pumps.

Status
Not open for further replies.