Circle cutout size for Duravent ceiling support

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BethelStrong

Dec 12, 2018
Ohio
How many inches should my drywall/plaster ceiling hole be for my Duravent ceiling support be? I cut a hole 12 3/8 inch but that puts the “decorator ceiling support” very near the drywall. My framing is about 14x14 but my ceiling support round is cut to barely let it pass through. Is that too close?

I had a wide open fire going to test the heat, and the ceiling support is around 100 degrees currently. The stovetop is over 600.

I realize there is room because of the circle trim piece, but what is correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many inches should my drywall/plaster ceiling hole be for my Duravent ceiling support be? I cut a hole 12 3/8 inch but that puts the “decorator ceiling support” very near the drywall. My framing is about 14x14 but my ceiling support round is cut to barely let it pass through. Is that too close?

I had a wide open fire going to test the heat, and the ceiling support is around 100 degrees currently. The stovetop is over 600.

I realize there is room because of the circle trim piece, but what is correct?

Combustibles can be against the outside of the support box

Confusing. “All other framing” 14x14 but as to the hole, it seems to say 12 3/8ths which is what I did, which is about the size of the circular ceiling support without the trim collar. The images show the pipe must be 2 inches from framing or combustibles (and it is), but the knee bone is connected to the leg bone so I got to worrying about that drywall/plaster being up near the box.

Thanks again.