CL deal of the day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
And in my town of all places!!

http://quincy.craigslist.org/grd/2661859826.html

Poulan Wood Shark Model 1950 with 14 inch bar. New Bar, New Chain, New Spark Plug, and $30. cost to rebuild Carburetor and it still don't start.
First one with $50 cash. call XXX-XXX-XXXX

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

And, another 30 hrs trouble shooting and you can re-list the saw using the same add! Hes saving you some time there. ;-)

smokinjay said:
And, another 30 hrs trouble shooting and you can re-list the saw using the same add! Hes saving you some time there. ;-)
hahaha you got it.
I would bet money its scored and has no compression.
And if that is not it then it needs a module that costs more than the saw is worth.

wkpoor said:
smokinjay said:
hahaha you got it.
I would bet money its scored and has no compression.
And if that is not it then it needs a module that costs more than the saw is worth.
I was guessing it was one of tose two things as well.

LoL, Jay! Funny thing is that I swear I saw this ad in the neighboring town a few weeks ago. I should go back and look!

If your looking for a CL ad saw I would be looking to pick up a pro saw (ie. MS361, 5100S, 5105, 346NE, 357). They will be typically just as cheap and more worth fixing and or have something when your done.

wkpoor said:
If your looking for a CL ad saw I would be looking to pick up a pro saw (ie. MS361, 5100S, 5105, 346NE, 357). They will be typically just as cheap and more worth fixing and or have something when your done.
K, lol, thanks? I hope you don't think I was looking at really getting this. A new one can be had for probably 75 bucks on eBay if I thought I needed one.

wkpoor said:

Someone finds a good 660 for $50, let me know. Finders fee in it for ya :smirk:

ISeeDeadBTUs said:
wkpoor said:

Found one :cheese: but its not on the list.

I have used a 1975 for a limbing saw for over ten years. Like the little sucker.

The older ones are so much better,most after 1995 are crap,just like the last McCullochs were.

Thistle said:
The older ones are so much better,most after 1995 are crap,just like the last McCullochs were.

This one puts'em on the ground so the little green guy can limb'em.

Attachments

• old yaller.jpg
    old yaller.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 251
ISeeDeadBTUs said:
wkpoor said:

I've seen saws that cheap in the 3cube size. Finding a 660 might be a stretch but I wasn't meaning 50.00 either. All in context. Got a friend over by Dayton that picks up the big ones all the time that need new P&Cs; for say buck and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.