1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

CL Homelite

Post in 'The Gear' started by Danno77, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    Guy a couple of hours away has a "Homelite 925 with a new 28in bar and chain". It's an older saw, but I swear he said he wants 135 for it. If I was standing next to the saw I'd probably jump on it even if it wasn't running perfect. Is something like that worth the drive or shipping? I'm thinking not.

I'm not a Homelite expert or anything, but acres website seems to tell me that it's about 88cc, no chain brakes, and I have no idea how old they are. I get the impression we are talking early 80s. But that's what I'm pulling off of the info for a "super XL 25".

Is the guy just abbreviating the name, or does a 925 just imply that he really means a Super XL 925?

My buddy drives through there a lot in the summer to race his horses, so i might just wait and see if he still has this saw then. Might have something new by then, too, because it's a tree service (among other things)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Danno77

Danno77 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Hamilton, IL
    I guess I'm finding there was one (date 1972) on the acres website that doesn't have the "super" designation, but it's listed as 82cc, so i'm not sure what is super about the super...
  3. Singed Eyebrows

Singed Eyebrows New Member

Loc:
    Midwest
    I owned one of these Danno, a SXL925 & this is a very strong reed engine saw, they have lots of torque if not a lot of chain speed. I had a 36" bar on mine. The smaller Homelite SXL will pull a 24" bar full 3/8" chain. The only problem with these saws is that carburation could be fussy. That means it runs great for awhile & then might die out or fail to idle when hot etc. I worked for a Homelite dealer for 8 years, Randy Chances are he has the SXL925