CL Homelite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danno77

Minister of Fire
Oct 27, 2008
Hamilton, IL
Guy a couple of hours away has a "Homelite 925 with a new 28in bar and chain". It's an older saw, but I swear he said he wants 135 for it. If I was standing next to the saw I'd probably jump on it even if it wasn't running perfect. Is something like that worth the drive or shipping? I'm thinking not.

I'm not a Homelite expert or anything, but acres website seems to tell me that it's about 88cc, no chain brakes, and I have no idea how old they are. I get the impression we are talking early 80s. But that's what I'm pulling off of the info for a "super XL 25".

Is the guy just abbreviating the name, or does a 925 just imply that he really means a Super XL 925?

My buddy drives through there a lot in the summer to race his horses, so i might just wait and see if he still has this saw then. Might have something new by then, too, because it's a tree service (among other things)

I guess I'm finding there was one (date 1972) on the acres website that doesn't have the "super" designation, but it's listed as 82cc, so i'm not sure what is super about the super...

I owned one of these Danno, a SXL925 & this is a very strong reed engine saw, they have lots of torque if not a lot of chain speed. I had a 36" bar on mine. The smaller Homelite SXL will pull a 24" bar full 3/8" chain. The only problem with these saws is that carburation could be fussy. That means it runs great for awhile & then might die out or fail to idle when hot etc. I worked for a Homelite dealer for 8 years, Randy Chances are he has the SXL925

Status
Not open for further replies.