CL - too good to be...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john193

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 11, 2010
Southeast PA
I was on Craigslist the other day and came across something that made me raise an eye brow. Now I know nothing about the value of second hand pellet stoves, but perhaps someone does.

Mt Vernon free standing stove, matte black and recently had a new igniter and fire pot installed. Asking price $900. The owner is moving and is looking to unload it. Well, I replied, but just getting that too good to be true feeling.

Not sure, waiting for a response on the details. Looked just like my brand new mt Vernon insert.

If it's an AE and not a 2006 its a pretty good deal. IMO

If it's an AE and not a 2006 its a pretty good deal. IMO
I plan on burning nothing but wood pellets and so not having the option doesn't bother me, besides my insert is an AE. Anything I should know about the 2006 models?

Stove deals pop up because of moving,remodeling, just not using anymore. P68 with less than hundred hours sold 1/1 for 750.Didn't like the dust in the library. St.Croix with 2 tons thats 2 years old for sale for $1000 because of moving to Texas. Have to know what you want and jump with cash in hand.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Status
Not open for further replies.