Quadrafire MtVernon Original vs Castile Firepot Differences

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

RobuWeasel

Nov 7, 2023
Barre, VT
I recently purchased a used MT Vernon original. I feel like I got a reasonably good deal on it. The stove only likes to ignite on High or Quad. The igniter is less than a year old and the exhaust blower has good pressure and doesn't appear too dirty. I was looking at the fire pot and it seems quite worn out. I'm going to try and clean all the airway holes and see if this helps with ignition on low, but in the case it doesn't I'm looking for a replacement burn pot.

The burn pot part number in the manual is 7005-031, and I found an aftermarket part that matches that number. My struggle is that this burn pot is a $400 part. I also found a similar burn pot that is listed as the part number SRV414-5200 for about half that price. Under compatible models it lists the Castille and Santa Fe models. Previous generation Castille stoves used to have the 7005-031 part number listed as the burn pot. So my question is will this newer SRV414-5200 be a suitable replacement burn pot for my original Mt Vernon? They look nearly identical.

Thanks for the help!
-Robert