Classic kacheloven stove rebuilding

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

begreen

Mooderator
Staff member
Nov 18, 2005
South Puget Sound, WA
I came across this site this morning. This fellow is in Sweden. I don't read Swedish, but it looks like he is r documenting the old kachelovens in Sweden. There is one page in English that details the rebuilding of a 1900's stove. This is kind of like rebuilding a classic car. He had to scrounge around to get parts to make a complete stove. Great site and a good story. I like the reflective moments when he drifts into local politics or philosophy

http://www.dataphone.se/~ncteknik/We_are_setting_up_a_Swedish_ceramic_stove.html

Here's a great little poem from the site. It could become the world hearth poem:

Quiet and hot,
We all know
that we will gather together here.

Cool find BG. Very different looking and a bit of a strange location, is it in the hallway? would this be considered a masonry heater?

The kacheloven is a form of masonry heater, Swedish style. It looks like the stove is at the entrance to the house. Actually a good idea considering this is the primary winter cold air source in the home. When we had our uninsulated and leaky kitchen entry ( a converted small porch) we had the stove located there. It worked quite well at addressing the cold entry air.

Status
Not open for further replies.