1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Clayton 1600G have secondary burn design?

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by thundar, Dec 26, 2012.

1. thundar

thundar Member

Loc:
    SE Ohio
    Hey guys, I have had my Clayton 1600G for 11 years. It does a great job, but I was just curious, does anyone know if it has the "secondary burn" design like the newer super efficient wood stoves do? I don't think it does, but I was just curious. I have a second pipe location, and I am thinking about installing a Hearthstone Heritage for when it is too warm to run my Clayton. My Clayton works "too good" when it gets above 40 degrees. Runs us out of the house. I know the Hearthstones are super efficient, and I'm planning on using it on those days when the high temperature is in the 40s (which we have a lot of in Southern Ohio). But I was mainly just wondering about the design of my Clayton. Burn about 8-10 medium pieces of wood every 8 hours or so with the Clayton.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Short answer is that it does not have the EPA-type clean burn technology. It is more of the old style - just burns!