Clean burn with wispy chimney smoke?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lillyrat

Dec 23, 2007
Central Indiana
Just wondering if my burn is as clean as it should be. Put in 3/4 load flue temp to 475 and stovetop at 550 cut the air back and I am still getting wisps of smoke out the chimney. Usually with smaller loads I don't get any chimney smoke. Outside temp is 15 degrees. I have lots of blue flame in the top of the box with some yellow flames off the front of my wood. Just basically wondering if I am getting a clean burn with a little smoke out the chimney. If not, any suggestions on what to do.

ITs probably just steam coming out. if it dissipates real fast and you can hardly see its steam. plus being very cold out that heat hitting 15 degree cold air

I have that a lot and I think it is just the steam vapor as it happens when the flue is 500 or so and secondaries are kicking in.

Yup, most likely steam.

I see the same thing on mine when it starts getting really cold out.

-SF

Just steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.