Clean Sweep Weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChillyGator

Feb 20, 2009
NorthFlorida
My father and I cleaned our chimneys this past weekend with the Sooteater. His old smoke dragon Sierra had to be cleaned from the top down and there was a ton of stuff collected (I have not opened the shopvac to see how much creasote yet).

Cleaned my Morso from the cleanout tee up using a plastic bag to collect the debris......couple of cups of fluffy stuff (no flakes) for my first year of burning approximatley 2 cords of oak. I guess my first year obsession with having dry wood last year paid off.....I faintly recall RESPLITTING a cord of wood last August and hearing from friends/family that I must be crazy to be doing THAT WORK in THAT HEAT.......I'm only splitting start up splits this year!

Hope your dad took note of the difference clean burners make.

Been working on him for over a year now.....got him to see the light on getting ahead on wood and making sure it's well seasoned, one step at a time......he just replaced the old Oil furnace with a new heat pump so a new stove is still a year away. My brother and I will probably help them buy a new stove next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.