Clean The Glass While Hot??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Werm said:
I've found that if the glass is fairly dirty you can use a razor blade type scraper to get you through 'till you can give it a proper cleaning.

-just my .02!

This works but can damage the surface of the 'glass' after doing it for years and the glass gets hazy.

Face the same problem, when I had coals I just opened the door all the way and put a house fan on the glass. If you get the angle right ashes wont go flying ;) Cooled enough to to clean and refired. Now that I'm using better wood it keeps itself clean. But that worked for me... Piping hot I was afraid of cracking it by cooling it in one area too fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.