Clean up day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Yesterday
Smoked salmon & MGD
A good fire
burned busted pallets & junk wood, stacked good pallets in case i need them this winter & get a chance to get more wood.
I'm admiring the view again
Sorry , just had to share it one more time :)

Just back from a successful fishing trip, limit of silvers (coho) & it's raining & still looks good.
100_5246.jpg

Attachments

• 100_5250.jpg
    100_5250.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 543
  • 100_5253.jpg
    100_5253.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 514
Dave, I think it has just been too long since you had a good fire going and just had to see flames again. Dig out the marshmallows! Hot dogs! Maybe some beer too.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who has a beer while staring at the stacks from the deck. Although, no salmon here...and I don't have that nice woodshed. Still, it's a nice view.

Looks great Dave thanks for sharing.

How many cord a year do you burn?

iceman said:
How many cord a year do you burn?

This will be e first full year with the new BK with a cat, so I don't know.
Am hoping that with the better quality wood to be around 5 -7 cords.

I had an energy audit & did several fixes to improve the house to a 5 star rating
(State of Ak, will get some rebate for upgrades, Gov Palin program before she quit).
up to $4k
Good stove & better energy rated home. should help be less wood burned

All should help.

Thanks everyone.
I guess I'm done posting pics of the wood shed, but will still stand on the deck & stare :)

That is just an awesome view; the only thing that I think could make it better is if the sun sets right behind it!

heatit said:
That is just an awesome view; the only thing that I think could make it better is if the sun sets right behind it!

Thanks
That will happen in about 5 months, Sun rise & sunset, all in just a few hours :(

bogydave, looks great! I only burn about 3 days a week and I couldn't imagine having that much wood on hand. I saw where you grew up in WV and was wondering what part? I've been in Almost Heaven my whole life.

It’s good to know I’m not the only one who has a beer while staring at the stacks from the deck.

Personally, I think it's damn near impossible to be doing all of that processing and admiring with out beer!

Looks great!

KC

But KC, you also think most things can be done best with beer. I heard you even carry a beer in your pocket when you go skiing!

KC, I heard you even carry a beer in your pocket when you go skiing!

Those days are long gone! I use to buy a jacket on the amount of beer pockets. Someone was going to get hurt, me or god forbid another skier or rider. No more. I will have one maybe at the end of the ski day depending on where I am. However when I am in the backyard, that's where I chill out.

Kind regards, KC

Vincent said:
bogydave, looks great! I only burn about 3 days a week and I couldn't imagine having that much wood on hand. I saw where you grew up in WV and was wondering what part? I've been in Almost Heaven my whole life.

Preston County,
Out side of Albright (small town close to Kingwood)

Still love the wood shed! Move wood to the pole barn till my arms hurt, then just a bit of chilling out sorry no pic's

bogydave said:
Vincent said:

Preston County,
Out side of Albright (small town close to Kingwood)
I go though Preston County 5 nights a week on my driving route. They had 282 inches of snow in Terra Alta last winter. Thanks

Bogy the shed still looks great.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.