New install of vintage Schrader stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

LDPosse

Mar 16, 2012
Hershey, PA
Earlier this year, I stumbled upon the opportunity to get a Schrader wood for free. My parents ran this same model from 1979-1987, replacing it with a Consolidated Dutchwest FA264CCL for the 1987-1988 season.
This being the case, I have a bit of a sentimental attachment to this stove. I was not old enough to have ever operated the Schrader we had at home (I was born in 1978), but now I’m getting my chance.
After having experience with numerous other stoves, including much more recent EPA models, I am quite impressed with the heat output and burn times afforded by this old “smoke dragon”.
It has been performing admirably, heating my (very well) insulated 4,064 sq ft home, and it’s been having no issue maintaining 11-12 hour overnight burns.
Now that I know it can put out some incredible heat, it’s time to give it the TLC it deserves in the cosmetic department!

IMG_6798.jpeg IMG_6805.jpeg IMG_6823.jpeg IMG_6855.jpeg IMG_6924.jpeg

Did u give it the TLC treatment?