Cleanest pellets I've seen...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To tell you the truth, I've been burning for I think 3 years now and every pellet I've used has been clean. This includes Great American, Prestolog, Green Supreme, and Stove Chow. I do not have any fines issues with my auger either, and I do not clean that area until after final burn of the season when I empty the pellets out of the hopper. All of my bags seem to have some static electricity and what small amount of dust/fines that is there remains stuck to the bag when I empty them in the hopper.

Bought 3 tons of green supremes and they sure are ashy :(
yep. The Green Supremes are especially Ashy this year. Used them for two years now. Not planning a third. Had to do a big clean and the chimney twice this year. getting a Truck so can get Vermonts next year.

My LG Granulers. I must have got a bad batch. Like I said -wood chips

Attachments

• wood chips.JPG
    wood chips.JPG
    201.2 KB · Views: 158
How many bags look like that? That is horrible.

The whole pallet was like that. I'm into my second pallet now. These seem not as bad. Not good but not as bad. I know i'll never buy them again. In fact i'm now mixing the LG's with Green Supremes and picked up about 20-25 degrees in heat.

I'd say you are right, there must have been something strange with that run.
We have seen over 700 ton of LG's, and NOTHING even close to that.
Ours have been fine. The only issue is the usual ripped corner, from bad pallet
or forklift and that area gets a little soggy, and powdery. Those get given away.
Maybe one bag in 25 ton.

Dan

Wow, that's as if they bagged the residue!?! I would call the seller and return them. Even call the mfr and get a credit.

Could you see all the dust thru the clear plastic? Was the pallet covering damaged? My pallet had like 5 layers of protection.

Yeah I know what you mean. When I opened the few bags of Vermont Pellets that I tried I couldn't help myself from staring at them for several minutes, appreciating them. The "awe ain't they pretty" moment passed remarkably quickly when I remembered how much more they cost though.
But then they catch fire and your in awe once again from the enveloping smell of pine.

Status
Not open for further replies.