Cleaning a englander 25 pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken372

Sep 18, 2014
Pa.
Hi everyone,
I,m a newbie here and I was wondering if anyone can tell me how to properly clean my stove I know the basics burn pot and behind the plate and the glass.are there any areas of this model stove I'm not reaching with my shop vac that I can't see?

Other than what you are already doing try the leaf blower on the stove pipe every month or bi monthly. Here the YouTube link:

Wow that sure beats using a shop vac! Thanks for the info

Cleaning the chimney pipe is a nice thing to do.

There is an Englander dvd that shows how to do a complete cleaning.

Last edited:
I did the leaf blower trick for the first time and was surprised how much ash came out when I thought the Englander was already clean.

Only difference, I used a HF dust collector. The bag has about a pound of ash in it.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1-hp-mini-dust-collector-94029.html

Bill

Did you already have that HF or did you buy? The leaf blower was the easiest since I had one in the garage. Either way it's amazing how much extra is removed internally that you cannot get to from inside the burn chamber... First time I did it I was amazed at how much came out and then I noticed the performance of the stove had improved too :)

Does the leaf blower damage ur fans or gaskets at all? I just put all new the stove.

No problem with the gaskets. But leave the door cracked open or you could damage the vacuum sensor.

Ok thanks a bunch. I also noticed today when I went to replace the burn pot gasket the pot doesn't seem to want to line up proper looks like there is a big gap near the bottom hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.