Cleaning exterior glass on stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BucksCounty

Feeling the Heat
Jan 11, 2009
Southeast PA
Wife did a pregnant brained thing yesterday. She put her foot on the glass of the shelbourne. The sock quickly melted (she was fine) and she said she didn't know what she was thinking. I waited for stove to cool and tried to remove the remnants but it was hard as a rock. I tried a razor but it won't come off. Ideas? Try firing up stove and remove when hot because it's kind of a plastic type substance? Frustrated.

It should loosen up when you heat that glass up again.

Cook it off.
As it's heating up pay attention, and when it starts to soften, carefully scrape it off.

Maybe set up the baby gates around the stove a little early and keep an eye on your wife. ;)

i know easy off takes melted soles and fabric off of chrome pipes on a motorcycle, wonder if it would work on the glass.....probably just waiting for the glass to get hot and try and scrape it off is probably the better bet. good luck.

Wife did a pregnant brained thing yesterday. She put her foot on the glass of the shelbourne. The sock quickly melted (she was fine) and she said she didn't know what she was thinking. I waited for stove to cool and tried to remove the remnants but it was hard as a rock. I tried a razor but it won't come off. Ideas? Try firing up stove and remove when hot because it's kind of a plastic type substance? Frustrated.
All you should have to do is just run your stove. It will burn off of the glass. No big issue. You could also carefully try and scrape it off with a razorblade when the stove is hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.