1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Cleaning solution for a saw?

Post in 'The Gear' started by richg, Oct 6, 2012.

1. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Gents:

I have a newer MS441 that will be going up for sale soon, and want to clean it up before doing so. I have a compressor with a blow gun and will of course blast out goo that has accumulated, but can anyone recommed a cleaner/degreaser that will not harm the plastic and metal? Simple Green, Purple Power, ???? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. smokinj

smokinj Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Anderson, Indiana
    I use what ever I have but those are two good ones. I clean in layers and may take a week. Spray it down heavy and walk away for an hour or so. Re-pete as much as you have to.
    MasterMech and Thistle like this.
  3. rwhite

rwhite Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SW Idaho
    I just use engine degreaser and let it sit for a while then into the sink with hot water and dawn. If you can find it GREZ-OFF works great. I always try and remember to get a bottle when I go by the boat store but nowhere local carries it. But nothing takes the place of good old scrubbing. Get a package of small brushes. http://www.myboatstore.com/MarineGrezoff.asp
  4. HittinSteel

HittinSteel Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeastern Ohio
    Simple green and a magic eraser pad for the stubborn stuff
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Fantastic, Simple Green, Citrus cleaner, Compressed air, and a good rag or light sponge pad (magic eraser above sounds good :)).

As Jay said, Spray, soak, rinse, repeat. With a little time, all that gunk will come off :)
  6. mywaynow

mywaynow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northeast
    Brakekleen for me. Quick and powerful. Blow it out afterwards.
  7. taxidermist

taxidermist Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Fowlerville MI
    i use simple green then rinse with hot water. I then let a fan blow on it for a few hrs and they look like new.

Rob