cleaning the air ports in a harman accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

glenc0322

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2011
long Island NY
was wondering about the air ports around the auger in the burb pot at 10&2 as you look at the stove i read you are suppose to clean them but not sure how to my stove is new and very clean. I looked at the holes and can see white in there but it lookes more like a caulk or filling not ash or a deposit ?

The white you are seeing in the holes is the burn pot gasket, it is visible through the holes. Unless you have short pellets get stuck in the holes (it does happen) then simply use a vaccum when cleaning the stove to be sure you don't get any stray ash build up. Stuck short pellets are best gotten out with either a pick or tweezers... both methods are easiest when the stove is something less than hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.