Cleaning The Vedolux

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Cleaning the Vedolux takes less than 15 minutes, just cleaning the base is dirty and I'm going to come up with a better way .

Nice...looks pretty easy...how much time/cords was on it from the last cleaning? Didn't look very dirty.
Do I see Belimo brand damper motors there?

Nice...looks pretty easy...how much time/cords was on it from the last cleaning? Didn't look very dirty.
Do I see Belimo brand damper motors there?
After a cleaning the flue temperature is about 280 when it gets 300 I do a cleaning again its just so easy to do .
Am coming up with a new scheme to clean the base .
Its been 19 months since we started burning and there is nothing to clean in the Chimney!
Yes those are Belimo damper motors .

After a cleaning the flue temperature is about 280 when it gets 300 I do a cleaning again its just so easy to do .
Wow, that's great...that's one of my few complaints on my VF furnace...I wish it were easier to clean the HX...I only do it about twice per season as a result...used to do my Drolet Tundra almost weekly as is was so easy...could do it in 3 minutes, wearing good clothes, and not get dirty!
I do the boiler at work once per year (its an all day job to tear it down, clean, and reassemble) and it will drop the exhaust temp over 100*F! I try to do it right before winter so it works the best when its needed the most (it heats process water and runs all year long)
Its gas fired, but its methane waste gas from the process...doesn't burn as clean as NG or LP.
Yes those are Belimo damper motors .
Good stuff.

You should post this vid on the other site for all the OWB guys to ogle ;lol

Reactions: hobbyheater
They are really underrated for their ease of maintenance. Best I have seen.

I don't use a vac. There is always enough draft up the chimney to suck the ash dust through and out. I do have to clean the horizontal part of my smoke pipe out a couple times a year. Easy to do with a clean out cap on the T on the back of the boiler. I try to brush my tubes once a week during the season. Think I have it down to 5 minutes. I usually only have 3 turbs in though.

I installed mine summer of 2012. Have not brushed my chimney since. Something I would never have thought being remotely possible.

Reactions: hobbyheater