Cleaning through a baffle?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shari

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 31, 2008
Wisconsin
Looking at options for a stove upgrade for a hearth mounted install and trying to check out cleaning issues before making a final decision.

Which stoves and be cleaned via removing the baffle? I am a little older than most member on this list and would prefer not to climb the roof to do chimney cleanings..........

Preferences are cast iron, freestanding stove. I really like the Oslo as it's specs fit our needs but I can't find any info saying I can do a down/up cleaning on this style of stove.

Shari

If hearth mounted, will there be a cleanout tee installed behind the stove? That makes it easier. Also, I believe all Jotul stove tops are removable for cleaning.

We are not planning on a tee because with size of stove/fireplace opening I don't think we'd be able to reach it.

Shari

Ghettontheball said:
get a cheaper stove & use the $ to pay a chimnisweep

Sorry, we don't have any occupation around here such as "chim-nis-weeps" in our area.

We do have chimney sweeps.

Could you please explain the difference between a 'chim-nis-weep' and a 'chimney sweep'? (Since this message board is multi-national, possibly the continent on which you reside has different terms for the same occupation(?).)

Have a nice day. ;)

(Apologizes in advance to the rest of the group..... I asked a valid question yet the reply from Ghettontheball is a non-answer to my original question.)

Shari

Status
Not open for further replies.