Clearance ? Eko 40

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bricks

Jan 13, 2009
West Central Wi.
Deciding where to put the EKO , they recommend 36" on the back side for installation and clean out reasons can I push this down to 28" with out a big deal?

Thank You

I'm at 28 inch's with my EKO 60 and I have no problems. Just watch the chimney pipe to keep it far enough away from the walls. The side is 14 inch's from the wall.

Yeah, it seems in my experience the front and rear clearance are the only "really" critical measurements. The sides of my EKO40 are barely warm to the touch during operation. The smoke pipe at the rear will get hot and you'll want plenty of room in front for loading. Enjoy...

Thanks guys it will just make it a little easyer using the 28 inch rear clearance

I am learning a little more about setting up one of these gasser`s to almost be dangerous. Thanks to the good people people on this board

Status
Not open for further replies.