Clearance Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

W.B.

Oct 1, 2010
MO
Based on the advice I got in my other thread about stove location, I decided on a corner install with the chimney running up through a chase in the spare bedroom on the second floor. My question now is, if I do this my roof penetration will be pretty close to the exterior wall and the edge of the metal roof.

Is there anything I should be mindful of having my chimney in this spot? Is there a regulation that governs how close to the eave I can be?

Here is a picture to give a better idea of what I mean. The distance denoted in red is what I'm concerned with. stove 1.png

No regs that way no you need to follow the 3 2 10 rule though. 3 feet above the roof at the roof penetration and 2 feet above anything with in 10 ft.

Status
Not open for further replies.