Clearance question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eujamfh

Dec 5, 2009
va
Got a question. Was thinking about clearances. As mentioned, a neighbor gave us our Buck 91 and we installed it like he had it. Looking at the trim around the fireplace, the manual says 15" but we are closer to 10".

Ran it last year and the wood trim does not get hot at all - not even warm. The fireplace opening is huge, the black trim kit only overlaps by about a half inch on the sides. I suspect that because there is so much space around the stove itself that is why the trim does not get warm.

Any thoughts? Do I need to change the wood trim to give more clearance?

Attachments

• fireplace.jpg
    fireplace.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 171
It could be that the projection of the trim is too shallow to be affected by the cone of heat radiated out from the stove. It would be a shame to tear into that nice woodwork. Have you called Buck to ask about this?

No but that is a good idea. I will do that next week and see what they say. The trim is probably 3/4".

Status
Not open for further replies.