Clinker Adjustments

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

titanracer

Feeling the Heat
Nov 10, 2011
South Central PA., Newville
When you get clinkers, which way do you guys seem to adjust air/fuel mixer to solve the problem. Do you increase air, decrease air, increase fuel, decrease fuel. Which way do you more likely go, to get rid of clinkers. I'm sure to a certain extent, the type of pellets you burn, just produce clinkers.

I'm gonna say;

a) increase air.

Final answer. :)

Increase air or decrease fuel. Sometimes both.

Even with the adjustments you have available you may not be able to eliminate the problem.

It also can be a case where crud in the plumbing interfers with your ability to make the needed adjustments.

Burning 3 % ash makers in a stove that is only designed to burn 1 % ash makers is usually a losing proposition.

You could also decrease the feed. But the common cure is more air passing threw the burnpot.

For some there is no one cure due to extremely high chlorides in the fiber. You need to pull out all the stops here. Reduce feed, Increase air and possibly mix with a better quality pellet to rid them from your stash.

Yep.. As stated above. Increase air and/or decrease feed.

Even then, sometimes its just the pellet. I have (had) some of them. I gave them away.

titanracer said:
When you get clinkers, which way do you guys seem to adjust air/fuel mixer to solve the problem. Do you increase air, decrease air, increase fuel, decrease fuel. Which way do you more likely go, to get rid of clinkers. I'm sure to a certain extent, the type of pellets you burn, just produce clinkers.

I don't do anything....I own a HarmAn.......there, that should get something started.

Harman Lover 007 said:
titanracer said:

I don't do anything....I own a HarmAn.......there, that should get something started.

Tried any Infernos in that HarmAN?

Just wondering ;-).

SmokeyTheBear said:
Harman Lover 007 said:
titanracer said:

Tried any Infernos in that HarmAN?

Just wondering ;-).

No I haven't. My HarmAn P61A isn't a multi-fuel stove..... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.