How has everyone's pellets been burning this year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
don't know how they re now but EASY HEATS we're just about the worst pellet on the market. claims that they used old skids in the mix.. nickname was "OLE ROY'S" after the walmart dog food... most would give them away if they had them...
I tracked down Easyheat's corporate address a while back and learned it is a pallet company. We have a similar company in Wisconsin that sells pellets on thte side, Hay Creek. Their pellets are junk as well.

Reactions: Northwoodneil
Been burning "North Idaho Energy Logs" Pellets. More ash that I remember. But last 10 days Zero Pellet Use since it's been so WARM. Heat Pump running. Now I have 1 Ton sitting on back porch if I can't burn it up. Have to move it to pellet storage area (2 Tons there). I pride myself on not having any to move. But Winter has been almost a Bust. 18" of snow total. 3/4 of that melted now. Even our Roof is almost clear except Peaks.

IMG_20221222_085804931.jpg IMG_20240111_085951891.jpg

Reactions: Washed-Up
don't know how they re now but EASY HEATS we're just about the worst pellet on the market. claims that they used old skids in the mix.. nickname was "OLE ROY'S" after the walmart dog food... most would give them away if they had them...
Took a plant tour of the Easy Heat Mill years ago. The mill is in the Dayton, OH area. My concern at the time was the wide differences in the incoming raw materials (wood sources). They did use some old wood pallets as a source. The only thing I liked about them is they were very easy to light manually in my Harman stoves.