Pellet Shopping

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Emmie

Jan 22, 2021
Central NH
We just started shopping for pellets and, as usual, am not finding a large variety in central NH and I would appreciate any input on what I found or if anyone in central NH knows of any better source, pellets or prices?

Locally, I found:
NE Wood Pellet - $379 or $370/ton
Ambiance $412.50/ton
LG $397/ton based on last year's price
Green Supreme $472.50/ton based on last year's price
Wood & Son $380/ton
Lignetics $359/ton - Ace Hardware stores but does not deliver.

TIA

Last edited:
I bought four tons of Hamers a few weeks ago. Sorry, I can't remember the price but it was a little "ouchy". I don't shop products just the price of Hamers and delivery charges.

I like the Wood and Sons softwood pellets. The last two seasons in which I used them the amount of ash was extremely low and the heat output was very good. Hopefully they will be comparable this year.

I have found Wood and Sons pellets to be a good pellet. But too pricey for what they are. I use to like Ambiance, but they closed. Someone bought the name and is offering pellets under the old name. So new pellets using an old name.

We flipped a coin and bought Wood & Sons - it was expensive, but it appears prices have gone up on all of the pellets and it sounds like they are a good pellet.

Our 2nd choice was Ambiance so it's good to know they are no longer the same supplier. I'm feeling better about our choice.

Thanks to everyone.

Reactions: Jack Morrissey
Ambiance Pellets are still made in Shawinigan, Quebec, Canada
By Valfei Products Inc.
From the same Company since 2006
They also make Orford wood pellets

Reactions: Washed-Up