clueless

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
i have an englander 25 pdv . in the past couple days the top auger has been acting up.thought it might be jammed up so i cleaned uout the hopper and around the auger.i started up the unit and it ran just fine.next day the same thing happened so i did everything again.this time no luck.removed the back of the unit while it was still running and could see that motor was tring to move auger .has anyone encountered this and can you set me in the right direction

corkman said:
i have an englander 25 pdv . in the past couple days the top auger has been acting up.thought it might be jammed up so i cleaned uout the hopper and around the auger.i started up the unit and it ran just fine.next day the same thing happened so i did everything again.this time no luck.removed the back of the unit while it was still running and could see that motor was tring to move auger .has anyone encountered this and can you set me in the right direction

Corkman, welcome to the forum. So what your saying is that when pellets are in the auger, the auger is "slipping" on the motor shaft and not turning?

I don't have your stove so I can't tell you exactly what to do, but there should be a set screw that holds the motor to the auger....make sure this is tight.

corkman said:
Exactly what do you mean when you say the auger was acting up? Was the fire going out?
You do know that the top auger turns intermittently and the bottom one turns all the time don`t you?

Did you buy this stove new, or used? How long have you been using it?

Status
Not open for further replies.