Co-Gen Pellet Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool concept ....may be a while before it makes sense for the average household but you got to love the direction pellets are going.....so long as the cost of pellets remains reasonable

This boiler has been running through the paces for quite some time now good to see they are comfortable enough to release it on the public. Cool concept

Is this DC or AC? Seems like icing on the cake and it would tie in nicely with net metering. Could it even generate its own power requirement, separating you from the grid? Hmmmm.

Is this DC or AC? Seems like icing on the cake and it would tie in nicely with net metering. Could it even generate its own power requirement, separating you from the grid? Hmmmm.

AC 50 Hz according to pic below. 120 Volt / 60 Hz versions must be available too.
Microgen Stirling Engine.jpg

Man, even if they took the idea and scaled it WAY back.... to the point where it could simply power itself/its blowers by running much like a car does. Needs a battery/the wall to start, but once up, it's on its own free will to run without wall power for, well, ever.
i'd be a buyer for a unit like that. Takes the generator out of the picture.

If it could feed hot water, it could also feed my radiators instead of the oil pig.
forced hot air from the unit, and indirectly get hot showers and a little bit from the radiators, and it gets me power on top of it?????

i'd pay 10 grand for it.

For 35k theres a lot better heating systems to be had. You can have a full blown geo system which would be cheaper to operate.

No thanks.

You'd have to feed it constantly, all year round.

I think that would be a pretty big pellet bill.

Naw, you'd revert to an electric/heat pump water heater for the summer. Only use this in the cold months. not as a power plant.

this basically balances the low daylight hours of winter for solar panels that can run the 1kw/day in the summer.

That is correct. Mind you, if you want to build a new home
Naw, you'd revert to an electric/heat pump water heater for the summer. Only use this in the cold months. not as a power plant.

this basically balances the low daylight hours of winter for solar panels that can run the 1kw/day in the summer.
in Austria, your home needs to generate a portion of the energy you use... That's where this, solar and wind power options come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.