Coffee for your stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peirhead

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
PEI Canada
I was wondering if the pellet stoves you use have any kind of "smell" I mean can smell a difference between any difference between pellets or corn?? If so has anyone tried throwing in a handful of coffee beans...they should burn..??

When I was researching alternatives to oil, I was concerned about the possiblity of introducing a system that would add smoke or other oders to my living space. My son and I both have allergies that can border on asthma. The one thing that I liked about the idea of a pellet stove is that they leak very little if any smoke assuming proper installation. When I got my Harman XXV, I was happy that it did not cause a problem. Long answer to your question is that I don't believe you will smell it. Unless of course you open the door.

The coffe beans should burn but may deposit oils in your burn pot.

Adios Pantalones said:
Coffee beans burning often does not have a nice rich coffee roating smell that you imagine when you open a fresh bag. It can be acrid and overwhelming.

I love your avitar. Wasn't he painting from jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.