Cold and snow coming, were ready.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my set up:
20150103_220613.jpg
Each row typically lasts a week heating 2400 sq ft. Except when temps hit -teens and winds at 15+ mph. Like to keep the house at 72. Its usually 70 in the am when I wake up.
Here's another angle:
20150104_141819.jpg
All wood comes through the left hand window from under the deck.

Woodbox in the house near the stove.

Wood storage on the covered porch (1-2 weeks worth of wood).

Woodshed 15-25 feet from the porch (2 years worth of wood.)

I think I'm covered.

The wife and I moved a little less than a quarter inside tonight. Calling for pretty cold with snow this week. We won't have to fight snow covered tarps. How much do you store by the stove at any time?
Kudos for getting your wife to touch, much less carry wood.

Kudos for getting your wife to touch, much less carry wood.
Just pulled another splinter out of the Wife's finger.....time for gloves

If I kept as much wood in my house as everyone here does, it would be covered in cat pee in days. He loves to mark anything that has smells from outside.

Here is mine

Garage: cart + 3 totes splits, 4 totes + overflow kindling, dozen packs of eco & gren bricks
House: 1 tote plus bushel tub of splits, tote of eco * gren bricks

150 feet from wood piles to garage by cart/sled as weather dictates.

IMG_0450.jpg IMG_0451.jpg IMG_0448.jpg IMG_0447.jpg

Moved 3 buckets with the FEL (not a big bucket) onto the porch last night. It's about a 1/4 of a cord, so a week at least, give or take.

Its redneck but...have a facecord rack in the sunroom, as a privacy wall. And a log hoop snuggled up to the stove. 3.5 facecords just outside the door and 1.5 facecord on front porch.
I haul wood in every 2-3 days for the hoop. The other wood is standby for bad storms or getting the flu.
About 2 cords total inside or under eaves.
2015-01-07 15.16.59.jpg
20150105_181748.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.