Cold Morning and Two Burning Clean

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Ya just gotta love that first real cold morning when the liners take off and draft like they are supposed to. Forty minutes after cold starts and both stove tops leveled out at 450.

Notes: Yes the top plate on the left looks like crap. Had to cut the backside blind after it was glued down. Both plates and caps are going to be replaced in the summer with nicer matching stuff. The stainless clamp around the flue tile is to keep an old temp differential crack from spreading. And finally, the big band isn't holding the chimney together it is where the other end of the safety line is attached when I am up on that roof.

Attachments

• chimneys.jpg
    chimneys.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 619
I'm getting real comfortable with the reality of a clean burn, too, BB. It was down in the low teens here last night and it was the first time I've been able to load the EKO up to the gills. I slept like a baby, woke up to a 73-degree house and got a nice, clean breath of fresh air when I stuck my head out the window for a reality check. You gotta love modern technology.

Good to hear that EKO is rocking and rolling. You have put a lot of work into that this year and it ought to pay off for a long, long time. You amaze me being able to do all of that installation work and still keep up the wood cutting pace.

Well, you won't hear me complaining about either one. Both are a lot of fun, and satisfying, too. And a warm house does a lot for domestic harmony, I've found.

Looking out and not seeing a hint of smoke from the chimney is just the icing on the cake!

I can't begin to describe how good it feels to be off the electric heat and on wood. The house and the hearts are warmer, the bills are lower and it's more satisfying than writing a check.

The only way I knew the stove was running this AM??????????????? The 55 degree change in temps from the back yard ( looking at the chimney) to the kitchen. Then again, its all about the wood too. My neighbor has a peach of a stove but he bucks up all his wood in the late winter and covers it until summer........ then splits it. I should take some pics of the DRAGON

Status
Not open for further replies.