Cold Weather Cutting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
When I cut in the winter I wear a different pair of gloves when loading up the rounds so I won't get my cutting gloves soaked. When I cleaned out the back of the Rhino so we could take it down Saturday morning so the plow could be put on Monday I found some things.

Pictured are all the gloves I found plus I found three dull chains and a bag full of good sharp chains. About two weeks ago I bought two bags, one for the winching equipment and one for extra chains and anything to do with the chainsaws. I still have some straps and d-shackles I need to add in the winching bag.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2630.jpg
    100_2630.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 272
  • 100_2631.jpg
    100_2631.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 266
Zap, you do better than I do with gloves. I have to wear heavy insulated gloves in the winter or my hands would not work at all. I've had a problem with this all my life and they tell me it is from the polio. Just have to live with it.

So what I do is wrap up an extra pair with soapstone blocks inside. When my hands get cold or the gloves get wet, I'll then switch to the warm pair. It is like Heaven itself putting on a warm pair of gloves then!

I use those bulk packs as well for the handling. Seems like you can go through a dozen in a session pretty easy. We are off to do some cold weather cutting today. No chainsaws though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQhu_NXULC8

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, you do better than I do with gloves. I have to wear heavy insulated gloves in the winter or my hands would not work at all. I've had a problem with this all my life and they tell me it is from the polio. Just have to live with it.

So what I do is wrap up an extra pair with soapstone blocks inside. When my hands get cold or the gloves get wet, I'll then switch to the warm pair. It is like Heaven itself putting on a warm pair of gloves then!

Sav I carry two pair of cutting gloves so once the first pair get wet I'll put on the second pair. I use the hand warmers they use for ice fishing once my hands get cold and they seem to do the trick.

I attached a picture of the cutting gloves I wear.

Zap

Attachments

• chain-saw-protective-gloves-2f0c6975.png
    chain-saw-protective-gloves-2f0c6975.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 229
Status
Not open for further replies.