Coldest night yet.....loaded her up with oak and cherry.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wood-fan-atic

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Long Island, NY
We finally hovered around freezing here last night (Long Island),and I'm pretty sure it was frigid in the whole Northeast. I loaded up the 2.3 cu.ft. firebox with as much oak and cherry as she could fit on top of a sweet bed of coals at about 11 last night. I woke up this morning for work at 6:30, and the downstairs was about 74 °F in the LR and 71-72 in the den(furthest from the stove). The blower was still on, there was a huge bed of coals,and life was good Levittown. :cheese: Last year with my old, malfunctioning VC, that baby wouldve been dead as a doornail, and the oil-fired beast wouldve been sucking up cash like a vacuum! I'm curious to see how she'll fare against temps in the single digits and teens, but from what I've seen so far, the prognosis is good.

Single digits will have any stove or wood fired boiler or furnace running wide open! ( even with hedge apple)

Status
Not open for further replies.