Combustion blower not starting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spospolita

Nov 18, 2013
massachusetts
Okay so I did not want to title this Harman Invincible T because it does not seem as though my relic genereates much interest anymore. I recently bought this used and it had a faulty connection between the mother and daughter board. My father in law fixed the board for me and it appears everything is functional with it. My problem now is according to the manual to start the unit you press the green start button, prior to lighting the pellets in the burn pot, and it turns the combustion blower on high. My problem is the combustion blower does not kick on when i press the green button. I checked the line going to the blower and there is power going to it. There is also power going to the esp probe. Does this mean my blower is bad or is there another module on the board that tells the blower to turn on and off? I read on other manual light stoves that the blower kicks on once the burn pot is lit? Is this the case with my T? Any help is appreciated.

I would pull the blower and make sure the fan blades spin freely. then make a plug in cord (use an old extension cord, cut off the female end and strip the 2 wires) , attach to it the fan so you can see if it works when you plug it into a wall outlet.

agree with bbfarm- make sure the combustion blower itself isn't faulty first....plug it directly to line voltage.....if it doesn't work, replace it. If it does work, keep looking.........modified board? who knows, although you can at least take comfort in the fact that since the board is no longer available, you had no choice there.

Status
Not open for further replies.