Combustion fan on pel pro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Foremantodd

Jan 21, 2024
1000001164.jpg

Have a older pelpro insert. Stove was working great and one day my wife shut it off and i noticed the auger light was blinking. I read somethings and found out the pressure switch could be bad. I bypassed the pressure switch and saw the light was stopped blinking. I tried to start the stove to see if was going to work as a test. When i turned it on i notice the combustion fan wasnt on. I took the tee off of the back saw it was jammed with ash so i cleaned the liner and the tee. Took the motor off cleaned that and everyhting behind the motor thatvgoes to the stove. I took the whole stove apart and cleaned it throughly inside and out. I put everything back together including the combustion fan and used a good bead of high temp rtv to seal it. When i turned the stove on with the vaccum switch bypassed everything started as it should but then after a couple of minutes the combustion motor slowed down and when the stove lights the flame is lazy and you get a smell of smoke in the house for a tiny bit. Its acting like it needs more air from the combustion motor but its not turning fast enough. Idk if i have to have the new vaccum switch in so the combustion will operate right? Also to i noticed that the motor was getting pretty warm when it was running at low speeds. I did try unplugging the combustion fan motor and wiring a plug and trying that way and it didnrun perfect for 5 minutes plugged in. This is driving me nuts. Im hoping someone on here had thevsame problem and can help me out. Like i said again this stove is spot less.