Harman Accentra 2 blink

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Revelator003

Jan 5, 2024
RI
Hello, I have a 2010 Harman accentra insert, purchased used about 3 years ago.. I replaced the circuit board and exhaust probe when I bought the stove.

Two nights ago it wouldnt light, but I lit the stove manually and all seemed fine.

I swapped out the igniter and when I turned the stove back on, the combustion fan runs and then a 2 blink code on the status light.

Combustion fan will run when I turn the stove off and only stops when I disconnect power.

I put the old igniter back in, same problem, fan runs, 2 blink status light.

I checked all the wiring, blew through the pressure switch tube, checked the fines box and the exhaust probe, all gaskets seem fine, door gasket passed the dollar bill test. Combustion fan spins freely, and runs when I turn the stove on, sounds normal.

My chimney liner is 6’ of stainless pipe, up my masonry chimney, as required by code in my state.
I put a brush a few feet up there and knocked some ash out, but not so much that makes me think there’s an issue with a blockage.

The stove ran perfectly up until it failed to light, but was fine after I manually lit it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance…

Are you using a surge protector? Also check the flapper on your air intake

Yes, surge protector with battery backup.
Haven’t checked the intake, I’ll take a look

Thanks
What about that passage way on the inside left of the stove behind the metal plate? The one where you need to run a brush up into all the way around the back. Pain in the ass but that needs to be done.

Reactions: Washed-Up
What about that passage way on the inside left of the stove behind the metal plate? The one where you need to run a brush up into all the way around the back. Pain in the ass but that needs to be done.
There’s also one on the right but that runs straight back and is much easier to brush.

I found the problem!
When I slid the stove (insert) out to check everything back there, leaned it forward onto a bag of pellets, to prop it up.
I must have put the weight of the stove on the door glass, which bent the metal clips which hold the glass in place. This created an air leak and since the stove checks for vacuum….
I took the four metal clips off, bent them slightly with a pair of pliers and reinstalled so the glass sealed tightly against the door again.

Thanks to those who offered advice.

Reactions: Washed-Up
Good to hear….happy burning!!!🔥