Combustion fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsman23

Minister of Fire
Aug 26, 2008
western southern tier of NYS
My afton bay has a loud humming and it is the combustion fan. I'd like to get a backup just in case does anyone know of a plce to get the replacement fan at a good price?. thanks

It might just be the sheet metal cover of the motor making the noise. It's cheaply made, and loosens up, then makes noise. Try pushing sideways on it while the fan is running, and see if the noise stops. The only way I could get mine to stop was to string a bungee cord around it and to the cabinet. The cover is steel, the area it mounts to is aluminum, so the differing expansion rates loosen it up.

I'd be interested in a source for a replacement, too, just to have it for a spare.

I didn't find it there - could you give me a part #? Thanks!

Replacing it is easy, I've had mine out a number of times.

Thank you! Please let us know how it works out, how it fits, etc. I'll be ordering one for a spare if it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.