Comfortbilt Hp22

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Aug 16, 2019
South Central Pa
I have a comfortbilt hp22 installed in the basement with the vent tied into a liner about 22, feet high. The stove shuts off with the fault saying check to see if there are pellets or check the burn pot. This happens randomly. Sometimes only after an hour of burning or six hours. I cleaned the whole stove and venting prior to use and clean the burn pot and empty the ash pan every day. There doesn’t seem to be an excess of ash anywhere and it won’t consistently heat because it shuts off. Any opinions on why this is happening or has anyone ran into this problem? Using tractor supply hardwood pellets at the moment

I have a comfortbilt hp22 installed in the basement with the vent tied into a liner about 22, feet high. The stove shuts off with the fault saying check to see if there are pellets or check the burn pot. This happens randomly. Sometimes only after an hour of burning or six hours. I cleaned the whole stove and venting prior to use and clean the burn pot and empty the ash pan every day. There doesn’t seem to be an excess of ash anywhere and it won’t consistently heat because it shuts off. Any opinions on why this is happening or has anyone ran into this problem? Using tractor supply hardwood pellets at the moment
Did you buy direct or through a Dealer?

Yes I can jump the vacuum switch. What should I be looking for with that and how long should I leave it jumped? I saw the other comfortbilt thread about pellets not sliding down the hopper. If that were the case with would there be unburned pellets in the burn pot when it shuts down? That’s what happens with mine and now I’m not sure if that’s what’s happening to mine.