comparing btu vs square ft of home space

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
damn poindexter those are some exact numbers! I uave no idea, at the moment what my loss is. its not the worst thats for sure.

I paid $7000 for heating oil (house heat and domestic hot water) in the trailing twelve months before the woodstove went in. Once I had that number I started looking at everything all squinty eyed, cause $7k would pay for a nice vacation with the wife.

damn poindexter those are some exact numbers! I uave no idea, at the moment what my loss is. its not the worst thats for sure.

You can calculate your heating load by the amount of fuel you used for heating last winter. That will help in determining how much wood you need to burn and how big the stove needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.